Jayne joined Willis & Bowring Solicitors in October 2018, bringing with her over 20 years experience in law. Over the course of her career Jayne has developed a reputation as a highly skilled, professional and compassionate lawyer, working closely with clients and their advisors to achieve their objectives for the future.
Jayne is a full member of STEP - the Society for Trust & Estate Practitioners. Her expertise includes:
Wills & Estate Planning
- Jayne can advise on estate planning strategies for individuals, couples and families and assist with the preparation of will structures to avoid disputes and implement clients’ testamentary wishes efficiently and tax effectively.
- Working closely with accountants, financial advisors and other professionals Jayne can advise on certain aspects of estate planning that are not covered by a will including jointly owned assets, superannuation interests and existing trust entitlements.
Planning for the Future
- Jayne can advise on the importance of making an Enduring Power of Attorney and Appointment of Enduring Guardian (in NSW) to appoint someone to assist with decision making in the future.
- In the event of dispute regarding decision making Jayne can assist with applications for guidance and orders from the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal Guardianship Division (previously known as the Guardianship Tribunal) and assist with mediation of decision making conflicts.
Probate and Estate administration
- Jayne has extensive experience with the formal process of identifying estate assets and applying for Probate or Letters of Administration for both simple and complex estates.
- Jayne will advise and assist executors to ensure a smooth and timely administration of estates.
- Jayne can advise beneficiaries of their right to bring a claim against an estate under the Succession Act (often referred to as Family Provision claims) and executors on their responsibility to defend such claims or reach settlement having regard to the overall size of the estate and beneficiaries’ circumstances.
Business succession planning and asset protection
- Jayne can assist with setting up business structures for asset protection and effective tax planning. She can also advise on business succession agreements to give effect to clients’ business succession plan.
Outside of work Jayne enjoys a busy family life running around after 4 children. Jayne has personal experience with the challenges faced by families with children with special needs and is committed to providing clients with balanced and affordable legal solutions in their time of need.